Deadline: April 21, 2017
The Skilled Trades and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Scholarship sponsored and made possible by Detroit Diesel Remanufacturing will be given to applicants planning to continue their education primarily at Applied Technology College, Community Colleges, and in some cases at the university level. Each scholarship is a one-time award. It can be deferred for mission or military service.
Looking to award one Tooele High School student a scholarship who is pursuing a career in STEM related skilled trade such as manufacturing, fabrication, tool making, robotics, materials composites, equipment operation, and highly developed computer technologies.
- Complete application
- Essay: “Why I want to be a part of the 21st Century workforce” (800 words or less)
- 3.0 or higher GPA
- List of classes and work experience that you’ve taken that demonstrate your interest and desire to pursue a STEM related or Skilled Workforce related career pathway
- Letter of Recommendation
Deadline: June 15, 2017
The Horatio Alger Association seeks to assist students who have demonstrated integrity, perseverance in overcoming adversity, and strength of character; have financial need; and are committed to pursue a career or technical certificate/degree.
- Have completed high school or plan to complete high school by Spring 2017 with plans to enroll at a non-profit post-secondary institution by fall 2017.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue an complete a career or technical program at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States.
- Demonstrate critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell Grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
- Demonstrate perseverance in overcoming adversity
- be involved in community service activities
- be 30 years old or youger
- Be a United States citizen
- To apply for the Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship Program, the following must be completed by June 15, 2017:
- An online application at application.horatioalger.org
- A copy of the full Student Aid Report (SAR). Income documentation must be submitted online.
- Proof of citizenship (if not born in the United States)
- Applications submitted after June 15 will be reviewed on a rolling basis and awards are contingent on availability.
USU-Eastern will be here April 13th during both lunches. If you have questions about the campus, admissions, or scholarships please stop by their table. Their academic scholarship deadline has been extended to June 1, 2017.
(*If you are interested in applying for USU-Eastern you can also stop by and get a discount code for the application fee.)
Those interested in the BYU Management Society Scholarship can still apply. They have extended the deadline to April 15th. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE ATTENDING BYU OR LDS TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP!
The application can be found at https://saltlake.byums.org/
If you are still on the fence about which school to attend or you haven’t applied yet, we have some good news!
The following schools are still taking applications for admissions and academic scholarships.
April 15th: BYU-I
June 1st: USU-Eastern
Application: https://usueastern.edu/admissions/apply (*If you are interested in USU-Eastern please come see Miss Black in the counseling office on how to get a discount on the application fee!)
The application for Utah Scholars is due today!
Please head over https://stepuputah.com/students/utah-scholars-recognition-application/ and fill out the form.
To earn the distinction of being a Utah Scholar, you will need to earn a total of 200 points throughout high school. 75 points will come from 1) signing and submitting the Utah Scholars application, 2) Taking 4 years of math, and 3) submitting at least 1 college application your senior year. You receive additional points by doing things like following StepUp Utah on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, taking AP/IB or Concurrent Enrollment classes, visiting a college campus, planning classes with your counselor, and learning about paying for college options.
Miss Tooele City will receive a $2,000 scholarship and each of the two attendants will receive $1,000. If you have any questions please contact Kami Perkins at 435-843-2105 or email@example.com.