COLLEGE AND SCHOLARSHIP Q & A
HOW DO I APPLY FOR COLLEGE ADMISSIONS?
– Go to the college’s homepage and look for “Future Students”, “Prospective
Students”, or “Admissions” tabs. You can also Google search the college name
– Find “Apply for Admissions” or “Admissions Application” tab.
– Fill in required information (make note of all usernames and passwords).
– Pay Fee
– Send high school and concurrent enrollment transcripts.
– If required, request official ACT scores be sent to college from
HOW DO I REQUEST A TRANSCRIPT?
– Fill out THS Transcript Request form (orange colored, half sheet form on
counseling office counter) and submit to Mrs. Bishop in the counseling office.
– Concurrent Enrollment Transcripts
– Request transcripts from each of your concurrent enrollment colleges.
– Got to college website, use A-Z index, and search “transcripts”
– Follow instructions which includes paying the fee
HOW DO I REQUEST MY ACT SCORES FOR A COLLEGE I DID NOT
ORIGINALLY SEND THEM TO?
– Got to http://www.actstudent.org
– Under “Menu” select the “Send Scores” tab
– There are different options to send your scores. The best way is electronically
which you can do by logging in or creating an ACT account.
– Cost is $12
HOW DO I FIND A SPECIFIC COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP PAGE?
– Google the college name with “scholarships”. For example: “USU Scholarships”
– Or, go to the college website and find the “financial aid” or “scholarship” link.
– Look for academic, departmental, involvement, alumni, leadership, talent, and
– Apply for every scholarship you are eligible for!
How do I apply for a scholarship?
– If online, follow the scholarship link,
– Check deadlines and eligibility criteria to make sure you qualify.
– Gather information
– Request letters of recommendation; give 7-10 days’ notice
– If an essay is required, have someone review your essay for correctness
and content. Make sure it is creative and unique.
– Follow ALL instructions carefully to make sure you include all necessary
– Double check application to ensure everything is filled out and correct.
– Submit early, if possible, by the deadline. Late applications are usually never
HOW DO I REQUEST A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION?
– Personally ask for a letter of recommendation from someone who knows you
well: teacher, employer, scout leader, coach, etc.
– Ask well in advance of the deadline. Give a minimum of 7-10 day notice.
– Provide information on your character and accomplishments to the writer.
– Letter of Recommendation form (available in the Counseling Office)