Deadline: June 15, 2017
The Horatio Alger Association seeks to assist students who have demonstrated integrity, perseverance in overcoming adversity, and strength of character; have financial need; and are committed to pursue a career or technical certificate/degree.
- Have completed high school or plan to complete high school by Spring 2017 with plans to enroll at a non-profit post-secondary institution by fall 2017.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue an complete a career or technical program at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States.
- Demonstrate critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell Grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
- Demonstrate perseverance in overcoming adversity
- be involved in community service activities
- be 30 years old or youger
- Be a United States citizen
- To apply for the Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship Program, the following must be completed by June 15, 2017:
- An online application at application.horatioalger.org
- A copy of the full Student Aid Report (SAR). Income documentation must be submitted online.
- Proof of citizenship (if not born in the United States)
- Applications submitted after June 15 will be reviewed on a rolling basis and awards are contingent on availability.