Deadline: Must be received at Far West Office by 5:00pm on March 31, 2017.
The Far West Agribusiness Association scholarship program has been designed to provide outstanding high school and collegiate undergraduate students sith a chance to pursue their educational goals in college. There will be two separate selection pools, one for graduating high schools seniors and one for current college students. Scholarships are one year in length and will be awarded in amounts up to $1,000 per student. Award recipients will be notified by April 28, 2017.
Any full-time student from Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, or Nevada and is pursuing an undergraduate degree from a college or university in the United States.
Application must include:
- Completed application (found in the counseling office)
- Professional Résumé (no more than 2 pages)
- Copy of official transcript
- Three letters of recommendation from non-relatives (1 academic, 1 supervisor, 1 character reference)
- 500-word essay: pick two of the five topics listed below and tell how agriculture should advocate for its industry. The 500-word essay is to incorporate both selections into one essay.
- Topics: 1) Ground water quality related issues. 2) Maintaining economic and environmental sustainability on U.S. farms. 3) U.S. Agriculture’s role in a global market feeding 9.7 billion people by 2050. 4) Impacts of climate change on farming. 5) Social acceptance of a genetically modified organism (GMO).
See Miss Black in the counseling office for the application!