DESCRIPTION OF SCHOLARSHIP
The Utah Hispanic Business Leadership Foundation is a non-profit organization established to develop business leaders and improve business education and opportunities for Hispanic/Latino students and professionals. The award is in recognition of academic and vocational achievement, demonstrated leadership in school, community or other service activities. Applicants must also demonstrate a financial need.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 14, 2016
The applicant must:
- Submit a complete application packet by October 14, 2016.
- Must be in good standing and making satisfactory progress (as formally defined by the institution) toward the student’s program objective (degree, diploma, or certificate).
- Be a student enrolled as a senior in high school, college or university, or vocational school in the state of Utah or has been recently admitted to an institution in Utah.
- Have demonstrated leadership in school, community and/or other service organizations that promote, enhance or strengthen diversity.
- Be living in Utah and of Hispanic/Latino descent
Scholarship Application Packets must contain:
- A completed and signed UHBLF (Somos) Scholarship Application with attached response to questions. Please type your response to the following requested information on a separate sheet of paper and upload to our server. Be concise and limit your response to a total of two pages maximum. Write a brief personal history that includes
- Academic, professional, and personal goals.
- Reasons why you feel you are a viable candidate for this scholarship.
- Scholarly or vocational accomplishments, honors, special awards, or recognition you have received.
- Community and school involvement; include leadership positions and/or activities.
- Personal barriers/hardships you have had to overcome to achieve your educational goals.
- A copy of applicant’s high school or college transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation.At least one letter from an individual qualified to judge your academic, leadership, and personal qualifications.Counselor or teacher recommended.
More information & application can be found here: Somos Foundation Scholarship