Tooele has a great community that really cares about the future of our students. Here are twelve local scholarships that will be given to Tooele County students. Applications can be picked up from Mrs. Sanders in the counseling office.
- $500 Valley Behavioral Health – Prevention scholarship. Must exemplify a drug-free lifestyle and made an outstanding contribution toward prevention of substance abuse in the school district, community, or the state of Utah. Deadline: April 4th.
- $500 Service Scholarship. Must have demonstrated substantial school and community service. Deadline: April 15th.
- $500 Go Local Scholarship. Must be planning on continuing your education locally here in Tooele County. Deadline: April 15th.
- $500 Dalton Donate 4 life Nursing/Medical Profession Scholarship. GPA of 3.0 or higher required. Deadline: April 15th.
- $500 Jordan M. Byrd Memorial Scholarship. Must intend to pursue a career in a medical field. GPA of 2.5 or higher required. Deadline: April 15th.
- $1,500 Jordan M. Byrd Silver Star Scholarship. Must intend to pursue a career in a medical field. GPA of 3.5 or higher required. Deadline: April 15th.
- $500 Descendants of Military Veterans Scholarship. Must be a child or grandchild of an American Military Veteran. Deadline: April 15th.
- $1,000 Step It Up Scholarship. For students who wish to pursue an education in the Health Sciences. Deadline: April 23rd.
- $2,500 Detroit Diesel Remanufacturing Scholarship. Looking to award one Tooele High School student a scholarship who is pursuing a career in STEM related skilled trade such as manufacturing, fabrication, tool making, robotics, materials composites, equipment operation, and highly developed computer technologies. It will be given to applicants planning to continue their education primarily at Applied Technology colleges, community colleges, and in some cases at the university level. Deadline: April 23rd.
- Barrick Mercur Gold Mine Foundation Scholarship. Recognizing students who may not have received significant scholarships from other sources. Deadline: April 29th.
- THS Alumni Foundation Scholarship. Must be a graduating senior at Tooele High School. Deadline: May 3rd.
- $500 Life’s Worth Living Foundation Scholarship. Must be a high school senior, cumulative GPA of at least 2.5, and a survivor of suicide (loss of parent or sibling to suicide). Deadline: May 20th.
Please contact Mrs. Sanders in the counseling office for applications or if you have any questions about any of these scholarships.