Edna Montes Ehleringer Scholarship
- $1,000.00 to be used for books, tuition and other educational expenses.
- The scholarship is initially for one year only.
- The scholarship may be renewed, subject to the availability of funds, upon conditions of both fulltime enrollment during the current academic year and maintaining a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- The scholarship can be awarded and renewed for a maximum of four years.
- Any student who has attended Franklin Elementary School in the Salt Lake City School District for at least one year. Preference may be given to a student who has attended and graduated from Franklin Elementary School.
- Applicant must have been admitted to and accepted entrance into a two year or four year college or university of higher learning.
- In order to receive the award, the scholarship recipient must attend and participate in the 6th grade graduation ceremony at Franklin Elementary School on ________ Award(s) will be presented by the principal of Franklin Elementary School and a member of the Ehleringer family.
Scholarship application requirements:
- Write a 250 word essay titled “How I plan to use my college education to benefit society.”
- Letter confirming acceptance to a two year or four year college or university of higher learning.
- Copy of Franklin Elementary School report card or other documentation confirming attendance at Franklin Elementary School.
Scholarship renewal application requirements:
- Letter of interest requesting a renewal of the Edna Montes Ehleringer Scholarship.
- Transcripts from a two year or four year college or university of higher learning.
Please submit the Scholarship Application and all other required documentation to:
Salt Lake Education Foundation
Attn: Scholarship Coordinator
440 East 100 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
All application information must be submitted by
5:00 p.m. on April 29, 2016
Questions? Please contact the Salt Lake Education Foundation.