Need money for college? Then you need to fill out your FAFSA.
Get free help filling out our FAFSA with Utah’s financial aid experts tonight at Tooele Community Learning Center from 5:30 – 7:00 PM.
BONUS: #3,000 in scholarships up for grabs for those who attend.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Social Security Number. Be sure that it is correct!
- Records of income, such as income earned from work and business, child support paid or received and any other untaxed income. If you have them, refer to the W-2 Forms or Federal Income Tax Return IRS 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ.
- Information about assets, such as savings, certificates of deposit, stock options, bonds, 529 plans and other college savings programs; and investment real estate, business and farm.
- Driver’s license number, if you have one.
- Dates of birth, include the month, day and year.
- Alien Registration Number, if you (student) are not a U.S. citizen.
Parental information is required unless you are at least 24 years of age or meet the criteria for filing as an independent student as described on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). Refer to www.fafsa.gov.
Only parents who do not have a Social Security number can enter 000-00-0000 on the FAFSA.
You must report income and assets for yourself and for your parents (if you are a dependent student) or your spouse (if you are married).
Use income records for the year prior to the academic year for which you are applying: for instance, if you are filling out the 2016-2017 FAFSA, you will need 2015 tax information.
If you haven’t done your taxes by the time you fill out your FAFSA, it’s okay to estimate the amounts. You might want to base your estimates on last year’s tax return. If your income changed drastically since last year’s tax return, you may click on “Income Estimator” when completing your FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov. The Income Estimator will help you estimate adjusted gross income (AGI). After you file your taxes, you’ll need to log back in to the FAFSA and correct any estimated information that was wrong.
Please contact Andrea Sanders at (435) 833- 1981 if you have any questions about FAFSA Completion Night or about filling out your FAFSA.