This month is FAFSA FEBRUARY! It is important for parents to get their taxes done early this year so that students can apply for FAFSA. The priority deadline is March 1st for most colleges and universities.
Another reason to complete FAFSA early is because many scholarships are available only to students who have completed FAFSA.
If you are feeling unsure what to do or if you have questions about FAFSA, we are here to help! You can schedule an appointment with Mrs. Sanders or you can attend our district FAFSA Completion Night on Monday, February 22 from 5:30-7:00 PM at the CLC.
Other important deadlines:
- Feb. 2nd: TATC will be at Tooele High during lunch
- Feb. 5th: AMS/Industry Minority Scholarship https://www2.ametsoc.org/ams/index.cfm/information-for/students/ams-scholarships-and-fellowships/ams-minority-scholarships/
- Feb. 5-6th: SNOW BLAST at Snow College. $25 to attend. Ambassador Interviews will be held this weekend! Sign up at https://www.snow.edu/admissions/snowblast.html
- Feb. 9th: SLCC will be at Tooele High during lunch
- Feb. 10th: Davidson Fellows Scholarship-20 awards of $10,000-$50,000 http://www.davidsongifted.org/fellows/
- Feb. 12th: Last day for Junior Girls to sign up for Utah Girls State that will be held at Weber State University. See Mrs. Sanders in the counseling office to sign up.
- Feb. 12: Last day to sign up for USU’s FREE Hispanic Leadership Conference. Interviews for the Educational Opportunity Scholarship will be held that day. Visit usu.edu/admissions/events/HLC or see Mrs. Sanders for details on how to sign up. The conference will be held on Feb. 26th.
- Feb. 15th: ACLU Youth Activist Scholarship-2 scholarships of $1,500 each http://www.acluutah.org/resources/itemlist/category/68-youth-activist-scholarship
- Feb. 17th Women’s Italian Civics League of Utah $1,500 http://italianamericancivicleague.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Womens-Scholarship-2016.pdf
- Feb. 22nd: Utah CTE Scholarship deadline: Eligible applicants have a 1:2 odds of receiving an award. http://schools.utah.gov/CTE/main/Scholarships.aspx
- Feb. 22nd: FAFSA Completion Nigh at the CLC. 5:30-7PM
- Feb. 23rd: U of U will be at Tooele High to meet with seniors who have been accepted to the U.
- Feb. 26th: USU Hispanic Leadership Conference in Logan, UT 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Feb. 29th: Buick Achievers Scholarship-50 scholarships of $25,000 per year! http://buickachievers.com/