National Wild Turkey Federation – Deadline: January 1, 2016 –
To fill out an application, please visit: http://www.nwtf.org/resource-library/detail/jakes-scholarship-application .
- Most Local Scholarship Winners will receive a minimum of $250.
- Most State/Provincial Scholarship Winners will receive a minimum of $1,000.
- The National Scholarship Winner will receive up to $10,000.
- Students should be graduating seniors with a 3.0 on 4.0 scale or equivalent grade point average.
2. Students must be pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher education (i.e. Junior College, Community College, Technical College, College or University).
3. Students must support the preservation of the hunting tradition and actively participate in hunting sports. A copy of current hunting license is required.
4. Students must hold a current NWTF membership.
5. Students must be involved in school activities (i.e. FFA, Ecology Club, Science Club, Beta Club, Student Council, etc.).
6. Students must demonstrate ability as a leader among his or her peers.
7. Students must demonstrate community leadership and/or involvement (i.e. Scouting, 4-H, civic group or club, volunteer work).
8. Students must submit an essay exhibiting dedication to conservation (see application).
9. Three letters of recommendation must be attached to the application (i.e. teacher, counselor, community leader).
10. High schools/students must submit complete applications to the local chapter by January 1. The local chapter president’s name and address should appear on the application in the box provided.
11. Employees and board members of the NWTF and their family members are not eligible to participate in the program.