The AMS Minority Scholarship will award funding to minority students who have been traditionally underrepresented in the sciences, especially Hispanic, Native American, and Black/African American students.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or hold permanent resident status
- Senior in High School and attending college in the fall of 2016
- Must plan to pursue careers in the atmospheric or related oceanic and hydrologic sciences. Marine Biology is not eligible.
- Students eligible to apply for the AMS Minority Scholarship Program may also apply to the AMS Freshman Scholarship Program but can only accept one scholarship if selected for both.
Award: $6,000 two-year scholarship. $3,000 per year during freshman and sophomore years.
A completed application includes –
- Completed application form (See. Mrs. Sanders in the counseling office for a form)
- An official high school transcript showing past three years
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or guidance counselor
- a copy of scores from a SAT or similar national college entrance exam (ACT)
See Mrs Sanders in the counseling office for more details.