32nd Annual USOE
Martin Luther King, Jr. Essay and Video Contest
Create a video (3 minutes or less) or write an Essay (typed, 500 words or less)
Theme for the Contest: “The time is always right to do what is right.”
**As you create contest entries, you should answer these two questions-
- What does this quote mean to you?
- How can you use this quote to honor Dr. King and the legacy he left the world?
Deadline: Wednesday December 2, 2015
Grand prize winners:
- Essay (7th-9th) – $200 cash prize
- Essay (10th-12th) – $200 and scholarship to Camp Anytown
- Video (7th-9th) – $200 cash prize (prize divided for group entries)
- Video – $200 cash prize and scholarship to Camp Anytown (prizes divided for group entries)
Grade Level Winners (2 winners in each category):
- Essay (7th – 9th) – $100 cash prize
- Essay (10th-12th) – $100 cash prize
- Video (7th-9th) – $100 cash prize (prize divided for group entries)
- Video (10th-12th) – $100 cash prize (prize divided for group entries)
In addition, all winners, with two guests, their teachers, and principals, will be invited to attend a Student Awards Luncheon which will be held in Salt Lake City, February 2016.
Please see Mrs. Sanders in the counseling office for an application packet and a full list of rules or visit the contest website: www.schools.utah.gov/equity/Martin-Luther-King-Jr-Contest.aspx