If you need financial aid to help you pay for college, it’s important that you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The good news? The FAFSA is simpler than ever! Did you know that, on average, it only takes 23 minutes complete? That equates to roughly one episode of your favorite TV program, so no excuses about not having the time. Record that TV show and watch it later.
The quickest way to complete the FAFSA is to gather all the information you need before you start. The following is a list of what you will need:
1. Your FSA ID You can create it now at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm, and your parents’ FSA ID.
2. Your Social Security Number and your parents’ Social Security Number.
3. Your driver’s license number.
4. Your tax records and your parents’ tax records.
5. Records of your untaxed income and your parents’ untaxed income.
6. Records of all your assets (money) and your parents’ assets (money).
7. List of the colleges you are interested in attending.
Interested in learning more about the FAFSA? Try these articles and links: