The RMACAC Utah College Fair is just around the corner. This is an excellent opportunity to meet with colleges from all over the United States, and even a few international schools like The University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada, and Franklin College in Lugano, Switzerland! There will also be representatives from the following Utah colleges and universities: The Art Institute, SLCC, Snow College, SUU, U of U, UVU, Weber State, and Westminster College. Come early for the Pre-College Fair Workshops from 11:30 to 12:30:
- Art Schools and Programs, Portfolios, etc.
- College Application Essays, Personal Statements
- College Athletics Beyond the “Big Time”
- Engineering Programs in Different Forms, Places
- International College and University Options
- Financial Aid Workshop presented by Westminster College at 1:30, and again at 2:30
A college fair is a great opportunity to get more information about colleges that interest you. But getting the most from a college fair takes a little planning ahead. Here are some tips from high school and college counselors:
(These tips will also be great to use at the THS College Fair on October 30th!
- Do your homework. Decide which college booths you want to visit most, and research them beforehand.
- Have Fun! After you visit the colleges on your list, go back and explore the other colleges there.
- Ask questions! Some things that would be good to know: recent admissions trends, personal or alumni interviews, application deadlines, on-campus events, pre-professional programs, need-based financial aid, merit scholarships, new or recent campus construction, current issues, town relationships, athletics, etc.
- Don’t just collect literature. Take advantage of this opportunity to meet with college representatives face-to-face, and engage them in conversation as time and space permit.
- Bring your parents.
- Take notes. After you have stopped at half a dozen tables, the colleges will begin to blur in your mind.
- Make a good impression. Remember that the representatives you meet could be the same people who will see your application in a few months.
- Be open-minded. Explore colleges that you haven’t heard of, and areas of the U.S. that you don’t know much about.
If you register beforehand at gotocollegefairs.com, many college representatives will have a scanner to “capture” your personal information. This makes it easier for them to follow-up with you after the fair.
RMACAC UTAH COLLEGE FAIR
-Saturday, October 26, 2013
-Juan Diego Catholic HS
11800 So. 300 E. Draper, UT
-FREE event open to the public